We all know that an organised car makes for happy drivers and passengers. We spend an increasing amount of time in our cars, and keeping them organised can be a real challenge.
Rubbish can build up and important items can be easily lost. With autumn and winter around the corner, keeping an organised car can become even more difficult. With the relentless onslaught of rain, sleet, snow, and mud endless mud. However, it doesn’t have to be hard to keep your car organised. We have 5 simple tips to help your car stay tidy all winter long.
1. Empty the rubbish from your car on a regular basis. This is always important, to keep cups and papers from building up under foot. It's even more important for this to happen over winter, when extra coats make cars seem cramped. Keeping your car free from clutter ensures that your passengers have as much space as possible.
2. There are a number of winter weather essentials you should keep in your car during these months.
- Ice scraper and de-icer
- Torch and batteries
- Sturdy boots
- Snacks – chocolate or cereal bars
- Extra screen wash
Assign each item a secure place in the car that will prevent it from spilling or getting jumbled with other items
3. Always have a way of making contact! It is so easy to leave this house without charging or having your mobile device charged. If you find yourself broken down or in need of help having access to a phone can make all the difference.
4. A high quality wool blanket in the back seat or boot can be extremely useful if you get stranded and can’t keep your engine running. It is also a great asset if like me you can’t agree on the temperature inside the car. If you do find yourself in need of emergency warmth, you’ll be thankful. I keep two additional blankets in the back of my car for my children when they get cold.
5. Have a storage solution for wet/muddy boots so that they don’t have to be worn in the car. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to clean muddy boot marks off the interior of your pride and joy!
A well organised car is more important than ever over these cold months. Make sure your car is clean, properly serviced, and stocked to give you and your family peace of mind before the cold weather gets here, and you won’t have to worry.